Skylight Realty Group
Credit-Reporting Agencies - Take the Quiz!
Updated: Jun 30, 2022
Can you answer these questions about finding and interpreting information from credit-reporting agencies? Find out how you score by checking your responses with the correct answers below the image.
1. True or false? Information about your checking and savings accounts is included on your credit report.
2. Which of the following appears on a credit report?
a. Identifying information (name, address, Social Security number)
b. Credit inquiries from the last two years
c. Bankruptcies, liens, and judgments
d. Payment history
e. All of the above
3. True or false? A credit report doesn’t include the consumer’s credit score.
4. How often can a consumer order a free copy of his or her credit report?
a. Once every two years from each of the three reporting agencies
b. Once a year from each of the three reporting agencies
c. Once a year from one of the reporting agencies
d. Only lenders can request a copy of a consumer’s credit report.
5. True or false? If a consumer orders a credit report for himself, it will negatively affect his or her credit score.
Answers 1. (False.) 2. (e.) This and other information appears on a consumer’s credit report, although each credit-reporting agency displays this information in a different way. 3. (True.) A free credit report doesn’t include a credit score, but a consumer can purchase a score from the credit-reporting agencies and scoring companies. 4. (b.) Consumers can order a free credit report from each of the three reporting companies once every 12 months at annualcreditreport.com. 5. (False.)